The resort is located in the Gorj county, on the southern slopes of the Parang Mountains, at 1600 m altitude. During winter, Ranca is a perfect place for skiers and boarders, they can use the ski runs but they can also try the backcountry terrain. During summer, it is a very good starting point for hikers that want to explore the surrounding mountains.
Winter Season: December - April.
Directions: You can access the resort only by car using these routes: Targu-Jiu - Novaci - Ranca (60 km), or Ramnicu-Valcea - Novaci - Ranca (96 km).
Click on the map below to see a better and bigger version of it.
Tickets and Passes:
The prices for the cable lifts available in the 2013-2014 winter season are:
M1 & M3 ski-lifts: 4 Lei / ride
M2 ski-lift: 3 Lei / ride
M1 Baby-lift & M4 ski-lift: 2 Lei / ride
Points ski passes*:
- 12 points ski pass - 12 Lei
- 24 points ski pass - 24 Lei
- 36 points ski pass - 34 Lei
- 48 points ski pass - 45 Lei
- 96 points ski pass - 86 Lei
- 144 points ski pass - 120 Lei
- 192 points ski pass - 150 Lei
(* 4 points / ride for ski-lift M1 and M3, 3 points / ride for ski-lift M2, 2 points / ride for the M1 baby-lift and ski-lift M4)
- 1 ride: 7 Lei
- 10 rides: 50 Lei for adults, 30 Lei for kids
Note: 1 € = 4.45 Lei