Situated in the heart of Apuseni Mountains, half way between Arieseni town and Vartop pass, it became, within a very short time, one major attraction in the area for the winter sports lovers. The resort presents itself in an exceptional surrounding as some of the nearby objectives include The Scarisoara Glacier, The Focul Viu Glacier, Cetatile Ponorului Caves, a large complex of caves piercing the Apuseni Mountains, and the canyons of the Aries river meandering its way downhill. All together, an enchanted fairy-tale like scenery.
Winter Season: December - April.
Directions: The resort can be reached taking the DN75 beetwen Turda (110 km) and Oradea (120 km), or taking DN 76 from Alba Iulia (120 km).
Click on the map below to see a better and bigger version of it.
Tickets and Passes:
The prices for the cable lifts for the 2016-2017 winter season are:
- 5 Lei / ride for adults
- 3 Lei / ride for children
Skilift Vartop 2:
- 3 Lei / ride for adults
- 2 Lei / ride for children
Chair-lift Piatra Graitoare:
- 1 ride: 7 Lei, or 4 Lei for children
- 6 rides: 40 Lei, or 23 Lei for children
- 12 rides: 75 Lei, or 43 Lei for children
- 18 rides: 105 Lei, or 61 Lei for children
- 24 rides: 135 Lei, or 77 Lei for children
- 30 rides: 150 Lei, or 90 Lei for children
- 1 ride: 6 Lei, or 3 Lei for children
- 6 rides: 34 Lei, or 17 Lei for children
- 12 rides: 64 Lei, or 32 Lei for children
Note: 1 € = 4.5 Lei
Lodging Deals for Arieseni:
Ski & Snowboard Rentals:
Centrul de Inchirieri "Piatra Graitoare"Price: 25 Lei / day
Contact info: 0746098640