On your marks, Get ready,... SKI !!!
The are chances for a white Christmas on the Romanian slopes. The snow that fell in the last two weeks helped a lot the ski runs, so many resorts will open the season starting with this week-end, while the rest of them probably during the next week. So get ready.
The northern region received enough snow that few of the Cavnic's ski runs were open even from the last week-end. More slopes will open this week-end, besides Cavnic, Suior will be ready for the skiers or snowboarders starting from today. The rest of this region's resorts, Borsa, Izvoare and Mogosa, have less snow and no artificial snow capabilities so they'll probably stay closed this week-end.
- Arieseni will be again ahead of the pack, they have plenty snow so all the ski runs will open this week-end. Even the three new ones from the Bihor county side.
- At Sureanu the slopes were opened from the last week-end, so it's a sure thing if you wanna go there.
- Paltinis: "World Snowboard Day" will be celebrated at the new winter complex of Arena Platos, unfortunately their slopes will not open for the public, just for the contest.
- Baisoara: there are chances for the new Buscat slopes to open.
Jiu Valley / West Romania
- Straja: good conditions for ski / snowboard, especially on the Platoul Soarelui, Platoul Constantinescu or Lupului slopes.
- Ranca: M1 slope will definitely be open.
- Parang, Semenic, Muntele Mic: there is enough snow in these resorts but we're not sure if the lifts will open, or if the ski runs will be plowed.
Good ski conditions in Predeal, Busteni will open the season today and in Poiana Brasov just the Bradul slope is open. The season is not official open in Azuga and Sinaia, but there is enough snow for skiing or snowboarding, lifts will probably be open too.
Not so much snow, the only open ski runs will be found in Vatra Dornei, the slopes from Gura Humorului or Piatra Neamt will stay closed.