New ski runs in 2012
Some Romanian winter resorts acknowldged that they have to improve their offer and prepare some new ski runs for their visitors in order to attract more tourists. Beside the big project from Poiana Brasov, that we presented already, here are the newest ski runs in Romania:
- Kalinderu 2 slope: medium difficulty, 1100 m length, 282 m vertical drop, artifial snow.
Things are starting to move in the Prang resort, the speed is still slow though. For this season the only new thing is the renewal process of the B slope. The ski run got artifical snow capabilities, and its length grew to over 3 kilometers so now it ends right where the old chairlift starts.
- B slope: high difficulty, 3200 m length, 621 m vertical drop, artificial snow.
Semenic / Valiug
- Casa Baraj slope: low diffculty, 800 m length, 110 m vertical drop, artificial snow, served by a 2-person chairlift.
The "New Slope" (Partia Noua) is the first serious ski run that is open at a lower altitude in Sinaia. While the most ski runs are at 2000 m altitude, the new one is below 1400 m and would be a good alternative when the strong winds would force the operators to close the high altitude lifts.
- "Partia Noua" slope: medium difficulty, 2150 m length, 400 m vertical drop, artificial snow.
Sureanu ski domain grew to almost 10 kilometers, and all this because of the new 2-person chairlift that can tranport 1200 tourists/hour on the Ausel peak (2010 m altitude). The new chairlift serves two new slopes:
- Ausel 1 slope: medium difficulty, 1650 m length, 360 m vertical drop.
- Ausel 2 slope: medium difficulty, 1430 m length, 360 m vertical drop.